Golf articles seniors
Golf for Seniors
Golf exercise and golf swing training for seniors…
Golf stretching, flexibility and training programs designed specifically to reduce the risk of injury while improving your game.
To be the absolute best you can be on the course and play your best golf, you need to be injury free.
There is nothing worse for a golfer than playing a round while still mending from a previous golf related injury. To play your best, you’ve got to be in your best golf shape!
The following golf articles are suitable and beneficial for the senior golfer. They included exercise and golf fitness ideal to help the senior golfer improve their game and prevent golf related injury in the process.
The Perform Better Golf website is for golfers of all ages, and we particularly welcome and appreciate the senior men and women that love to play golf.
The golf exercise, fitness and golf swing training programs and equipment presented on this site are ideal for anyone wanting to improve their golf game, and senior golfers are no exception. In fact these programs are specifically designed to help prevent the type of injuries normally associated with other less practical golf improvement exercise programs.
In golf, flexibility is a major factor in creating an effortless swing.Whether you are male or female golfer, you will lose a good percentage of your flexibility as you grow older. That is where the Perform Better Golf training system can help.
Loss of flexibility is a major concern for senior golfers. As with any sport or recreation, any loss in flexibility can result in golf related injury. Such loss of flexibility can occure to anyone 40 yrs. of age and above.
The majority of swing flaws that occur with senior golfers comes from a desire to do on the course what we once were able to easily do. Now you can, will the best golf fitness, exercise and golf swing training program available anywhere today!
Golf Fitness for Seniors…
Unlike most other sports activities, golf is a game that you can play for the rest of your life. All you need to do partake in regular exercise in order to maintain a healthy mind and body.
Again, that is where the Perform Better Golf, strength, flexibility and golf swing training program can help. Flexibility and core strength are both very important if you expect to enjoy golf well into your elder years, and do so pain and injury free.
Golf Exercises for Seniors…
The older you get, the more important it is to include a quality exercise and fitness routine as part of your everyday life style, and what better way to do that than with the best golf exercise and swing fitness training program ever created.
You cannot not expect to increase your mobility without involving yourself in some sort of extracurricular exercise.
Golf Warm Up Exercises to Prevent Golf Injuries…
Warm up exercises before getting into a round of golf, and a warm down at the end of your game, help tremendously in reducing the risk of golfer elbow injury, as well as other injuries common to golfers.
Golf warm ups ensure that the pressures involved in playing golf are not exerted on cold muscles, which can dramatically increase the chances of all sorts of injury and not just the golf elbow injury.
Simple Golf Warm Up Exercise - Are you one of those golfers that rushes to the course, pulls out the BIG DOG, takes a few hacks at it and then starts your round? Is that what you do? Come on be honest with yourself. If so, what was the result on the first tee? I’ll bet it wasn’t what you would have liked it to be?
Golf Flexibility Exercises for Seniors…
- Golf Swing Flexibility Exercises that add Distance Quickly and Efficiently – The most effective golf swing flexibility exercises are not what you read in all the “so-called” fitness for golf books. I make this bold statement because I bought every golf fitness book I could find, and was so disappointed that I wrote my very own Ultimate Golf Fitness Manual.
- Flexibility for Golf Will Not be Lost with Golf Weight Training - This is one of the reasons why many amateur golfers still avoid joining golf-specific exercise and conditioning programs. They mistakenly link every weight-training program with muscle building and bodybuilding.
- Core Flexibility Training - Core flexibility training is critical if you want to improve your golf swing power and driving distance. Your core is the engine to your swing. If your core is inflexible you will not be able to make a full backswing with minimal tension.
Stretching Exercises for Golf Seniors…
Golf stretching exercises, designed for golf specific muscles or muscles that are used while playing golf, can help a great deal in strengthening and conditioning the muscles that are most involved when playing golf.
By strengthening golf specific muscles a golfer ends up putting much less pressure on the tendons that join the muscles to the bones around the elbow area. This greatly reduces the risk of this injury in golfers.
The Dramatic Effect of a Good Quality Stretching Exercise for Golf – Golf specific stretching exercises are capable of revolutionizing the quality of any individuals’ game. In fact there is no genuine golf specific exercise program that does not include stretching exercises. That is how critical stretching exercises for golf are.
Golf Stretching Exercises You can do in Your Office - Golf stretches in your office? Yes you heard it right! What a great way to take a quick break from your computer to not only feel better in the moment, but improve your golf game at the same time.
Power Golf Swing Training for Senior Golfers…
Core Golf Workout for a Power Golf Swing - A core golf workout that produces a power golf swing is one that focuses on rotation. The primary movement in the golf swing is rotating your upper body back, then rotating it through to the finish.
Golf Injury Prevention for Seniors…
How the Risk of Golfer Elbow Injury can be Reduced or Prevented - A golfer elbow injury has got to be one of the most dreaded injuries on any golf course, and it is not too difficult to figure out why. A golfer elbow injury will usually take a long time to heal properly and quite often recurs shortly after a golfer gets back to the course.
It is the sort of injury where a doctor will prescribe total rest well away from the course. For many a keen golfer, this may be even more punishment than the nagging, and often sharp pain from the golfer elbow injury.
Core Golf Strength Exercises to Help Prevent Golf Injury…
Core Golf Strength will Improve Your Game and Help Prevent Injury - The core golf strength, unknown to many enthusiasts of the game, is the conditioning and strengthening of the muscles in your body you use to play golf. The weaker and unprepared this core golf strength is, the weaker your game of golf will be.
Exercise Video and DVDs for Senior Golfers…
- Have a Golf Exercise and Fitness Expert In Your Home – Most of you don’t have the luxury to have a golf fitness expert one time, let alone 3 to 5 times a week, every week. This would cost in the thousands of dollars every month.
- The Inspirational Power of a Golf Training Video - Many golf training videos on the market today will show you in great detail, how some of the PGA professionals do it and the so-called secrets behind their success.
- From detailed specifics on why their playing techniques are so effective, to the preparation and exercise training they are usually involved in in order to keep themselves in tip-top physical condition and at a high level of golf-fitness.
- Golf Strength DVD Will Rapidly Improve Your Game – Using a golf strength dvd or video can be a great way to improve your golf game right in the comfort of your own home. No more excuses you don’t have the time!
- Golf Flexibility Videos may not be the Answer to a Better Golf Swing - Due to the critical component of strength that is specific to your particular golf swing. Improving your flexibility with a golf stretching program, without the implementation of golf strength exercises, will not warrant long-term flexibility gains.
Senior Golf Tour…
Senior Golf Club…
For more up to date Golf Trainer insights into the latest trends in Golf for Seniors, Golf Exercise and Fitness Training for Seniors, and information to help avoid Golf Injury, read the Perform Better Golf Blog, published daily by Mike Pedersen.
About the Author: Mike Pedersen is one of the top golf conditioning experts in the country, author of the Ultimate Golf Fitness Guide, and founder of several online golf fitness and exercise websites.
Check out his new golf video dvds, golf workout and exercise training products for seniors , and Perform Better Golf DVDs, designed to improve your golf swing, prevent golf injury and lower your score.